Saturday, June 7, 2008

Selling at the Farmers Market - My Experiences and Tips



I've had a booth at the local farmers market since 2001, when I was laid-off from my restaurant chef job. I had decided at that point that I wanted to be my own boss. It was a bold and energizing decision and I've never looked back.

It's a new life, with new worries and responsibilities. There are no more regular paychecks every two weeks, no health insurance, no free weekends - when you're in business for yourself. But there are also many rewards in being your "own boss". You work for yourself - and nobody tells you what to do. You're in total control of your success - or failure. It's up to you.

As a chef, the obvious first choice for me was to "make something good" and sell it at the local farmers market. There are several things to observe when you want to set up a booth and make a living from direct sales at a market.

Visit my newest Squidoo page about these topics. And here are some pictures from today's Sunset Valley Farmers Market.

No comments: